Our international work is intended to raise standards in all areas of our pupils’ education and to make them aware that they are part of a wider world. The international dimension to the curriculum opens children’s minds and offers new perspectives on their way of thinking and responding to ideas and situations.
Our aim is to:
- develop knowledge and understanding of the historical, geographical, political, social and economic circumstances which have led to the diversity of world civilisations.
- continue to encourage respect for the cultural, linguistic and religious diversity in our school as well as the wider world.
- help our pupils to develop an awareness and understanding of Europe and the wider world and have a sense of their own role as active world citizens.
- continue to encourage our pupils to participate in the community at a range of levels, from the local to the global.
- enable our pupils to counter cultural bias in all forms by enabling them to develop informed views and opinions.